Intro text

Now I'm not into simple stuff, I love complexity! What started out as "I want a panel to fit into my dining room window", now has become a full blown hobby. In particular, I love Tiffany lamps… I love the art deco era and Louis Comfort Tiffany has produced some amazing work which survives to this day, in particular, their lamp shades and panels.


Friday, January 31, 2014

Project - 16" Poppy Lampshade - Soldering and Applying Patina

Here are some pics








The filigree here is taped on, not yet soldered on.  It was tough going, but I managed to solder them on successfully.  The trick is to finish the lamp completely, that is clean it up, patina it and rub finishing compound on to the entire lamp, then you can work on the pieces of the filigree.  I did the same to the filigree.  I then didn't edge them all on, instead I tack soldered the corners, then I cleaned up the lamp again, applied patina and re-buffed it up.  

I think there may be an easier way to do this, but I'm not too sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment