Intro text

Now I'm not into simple stuff, I love complexity! What started out as "I want a panel to fit into my dining room window", now has become a full blown hobby. In particular, I love Tiffany lamps… I love the art deco era and Louis Comfort Tiffany has produced some amazing work which survives to this day, in particular, their lamp shades and panels.


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Project - 18" Clematis Lampshade - Introduction and Glass Selection

This is my project for January 2014.  It is Tiffany's 18" Clematis Lampshade.  What's special about this lampshade is that there are no repeats to the pattern.  Most of Tiffany's reproduction lampshades (through the use of the Odyssey system), have pattern repeats.  This is one of the very few that do not.  It's also one that L.C. Tiffany designed himself.  Hence to me as an artist, it's much more special and very interesting to make and assembly.

Here are some pictures.  I have started this lamp in mid-December and hoping to finish it by the first week of February.

Choosing the glass:  I've decided that I want to make this in the same vein as Dr. Grotepass' White Clematis:  18" clematis - Grotepass.

Here, I have some of my glass selected.  I want to make it predominantly white steaky clematis with a soft dark background.  Although I have ideas for the borders, I haven't yet decided.







1 comment:

  1. Love your glass selection. What did you use? I really love the pink and purple!

    ReplyDelete