Intro text

Now I'm not into simple stuff, I love complexity! What started out as "I want a panel to fit into my dining room window", now has become a full blown hobby. In particular, I love Tiffany lamps… I love the art deco era and Louis Comfort Tiffany has produced some amazing work which survives to this day, in particular, their lamp shades and panels.


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Project - 18" Clematis Lampshade - Cutting and Grinding

Here are a few pics of the shade during the cutting and grinding process.  Luckily I have a light box at home, but I prefer to do my cutting and grinding at the studio.  The light box is an invaluable tool for this project as I like to select my pieces of glass to be optimized when lit.






Here are more pictures of this shade on my light table:


Having trouble picking out border.



No comments:

Post a Comment