Intro text

Now I'm not into simple stuff, I love complexity! What started out as "I want a panel to fit into my dining room window", now has become a full blown hobby. In particular, I love Tiffany lamps… I love the art deco era and Louis Comfort Tiffany has produced some amazing work which survives to this day, in particular, their lamp shades and panels.


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Project - 18" Clematis Lampshade - Fitting and Foiling

The next step is to fit the pieces onto the fiberglass mold.  First, I melted some tacky wax, this sticky wax sticks to the mold and keeps the glass pieces in place.

As you can see, the fit is tight.  I have to do some more grinding of the glass to make it fit.


More updated pics…







need to decide on my border


Grey green with lots of white, on the bottom left…. 

One last look at the lamp on the light table to consolidate and verify the colours…






I've made some last minute modifications and am now ready to solder at the end of this week.

It's now ready to solder.









No comments:

Post a Comment